Senior Banquet and Baccalaureate Service
Please scroll down to see information on the graduation ceremony.
What is a Baccalaureate Service?
The baccalaureate service is a time of blessing for graduates. This service reflects God's impact in their lives up to this point and it is an opportunity to ask for His guidance for their future. This is a non-denominational service that is open to all. Those wanting a very personal time of acknowledgement of what God has done in their lives will find this to be an uplifting and inspiring evening. This does not replace graduation.
What will your evening look like?
Quest for Education and Arts offers a senior banquet and baccalaureate service.
This ceremony will include a formal sit-down dinner, a gratitude tribute from students to parents, a baccalaureate invocation, candle-lighting ceremony, presentation of blessing bibles and bookmarks, special music and blessing of graduates. The ceremony is non-denominational and everyone is welcome, regardless of whether you are schooled in a public or private setting or home schooled or may be graduating from college. Graduates, family members, as well as their guests are all invited. Special music will be commissioned to honor the class of 2018.
this event will take place on wednesday, may 30th from 6-9pm.
Who can participate?
- Graduating seniors across Tucson are welcome to participate in this event. This includes students who have been public, private, and home schooled as well as college graduates.
Where is the service?
- Catalina Foothills Church- 2150 E Orange Grove, Tucson 85718
- Business attire is required and graduates are expected to wear their caps and gowns. If graduates do not have a cap and gown, Quest can supply you with one. You will be able to keep your cap and gowns will be returned.
- This banquet and ceremony will be free of charge and provided as a community service to graduates and their parents. If a family would like to sponsor their graduate or another graduate, the sponsorship is $110 per student. We will be asking donors, businesses, and organizations to sponsor students for this event.
sign up to participate
Please click the button below to sign up. There is a separate form below to sign up for dinner entrees. If you have any questions, please let us know. The deadline to sign up is March 3rd. After that, there will be a $20 late fee for sign ups. No sign ups will be accepted after April 1st.
Sponsor A Graduate
We want this ceremony to be a blessing not a burden to the graduates and their families so we are asking outside sponsors to donate $110 per graduate to help cover the cost of the ceremony, the venue and the gifts presented to the graduates.
Click below to sponsor a graduate!
What is your commitment if you participate in this ceremony?
1) You must register ahead of time.
2) You must commit to come to the event if you register.
3) Optional - you can make a senior spotlight display if you like.
4) You will need to watch your email closely so you get the updates. All communications will be labeled baccalaureate news. You are responsible for putting reminders in your phone or replying right away so we get any information from you we need in a timely manner. We suggest you sign up for the Quest remind app as it will allow us to contact you for specific events.
5) No additional planning meetings or costs for you or your parents. Guests will need to consider donating $10 for their meal. Graduates, parents, and guests must sign up for dinner choices ahead of time. The link will be available in the spring.
6) You cannot be late to the ceremony so plan to be there by 5:45 and you may want to come in early that day to set up your senior spotlight.
This is an opportunity for the student and parent to display student accomplishments. Students will be given a table/display space for any personal items thy would like to put out.
Last year, students brought awards, photographs, art work, computer/ipad displays, trophies, etc. This can be set up anytime on the day of the event.
Quest will offer the opportunity to parents to present their students with their diploma and to recognize their achievement of completing high school. This opportunity is open to all students who wish to participate in a ceremony provided by Quest for Education and Arts.
Our graduation is designed to be a simple and elegant ceremony reflecting what parents would like to provide for their students. Parents will be given the opportunity to create a slideshow, video or presentation that reflects the messages and lessons they would like to pass along to their graduate.
Quest will provide caps, gowns and stolls. You will be allowed to keep your cap and tassel and stoll. Quest will also provide honors cords and medallions for those graduating with emphasis in a certain area of study.
New this year: Students who have maintained a high degree of acadmic excellence will be given the opportunity to graduage with emphasis in their selected fields of academic study. Those students completing those requirements will receive cords and medallions that reflect their accomplishments. Please see the link below for requirements.
Graduation with Emphasis in Various Disciplines
Available to those students who have participated in Quest for Education and Arts during high school and choose to participate in the Quest Baccalaureate and / or graduation ceremonies. These are the requirements as set forth by Quest for Education and Arts and exist to show that the student has taken concentrated studies in these areas and has excelled in each discipline in which a cord is awarded. Please note the medallions require a greater contribution to the discipline in order to be awarded. The value of graduation with an emphasis in one or more areas comes through awards and scholarships at colleges, higher acceptance rates in honors colleges and greater rates of ability to pass CLEP and AP exams for college credit. Additionally, employers recognize graduates who have maintained a core focus throughout high school and will occasionally count this as work credit and experience when considering employment. We encourage all high school students to make an effort to graduate with an emphasis in an area they enjoy and want to pursue as a career. Below are the various areas and their requirements:
Menu will be available for selection in January of 2018.