Each year, more than 75,000 students throughout Southern Arizona create research projects at their own schools, with the goal of winning a spot at SARSEF. About 1,800 projects, representing more than 4,000 students, are chosen to compete at the TCC — and from there, we select the “best of the best” to honor. Over 400 judges and volunteers come down to help us choose the winning projects. Below are the activities scheduled for each day of the event:
- Registration will open Jan. 1 and close on Feb. 25th, 2016 (same as last year).
- Project Check-in will be Wednesday March 29th, from noon to 8:00 PM. We hope this will make it easier for you to prepare projects by having two days with the students prior to set-up day, and, because it is early dismissal, it may give you or your students more time to bring down projects.
- Judging Day will be Thursday March 30th. Judges arrive at 7:30AM. Student interview times may change however, for now, Middle School: 11:00-12:00, High School: 1:00 – 4:00 PM.
- Field Trip Day is Friday, March 31st, all day.
- Future Innovator’s Night will now be Friday Night, March 31st, 5:30 to 8:00 PM
- ALL Awards Ceremonies will be on the same day, Saturday April 1st. Elementary awards will be at 1pm and middle & high school awards will be at 7pm. We hope this will let more parents and students participate.
- Project Pick-up will also be Saturday April 1st. By popular demand we have changed our procedure and projects now SHOULD be taken home immediately following the Ceremony. Project Pickup hours have now been extended: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM.